Sunday, January 24, 2021

Drawing Inspiration from Scraps

 

I started with this picture of my daughter.  I knew I wanted to go with a Valentine collection to match with the red/pink in the photo.  I found that some scraps I had from Simple Stories Kissing Booth collection matched well.  The problem was I only had one full sheet and one gingham strip left.  I also had a few die cut pieces and that was it.  So where do I go from there?

 


I looked at the backside of the full sheet for inspiration.  The journaling cards gave me lots of ideas.  First, I liked the wood grain that was featured.  I had a Simple Stories wood grain paper in my stash that would match perfectly.  I also drew off of what colors/patterns that were matched with the wood grain card.  I noticed the black striped cupcake.  I had black diagonal striped paper in my stash as well (Pretty Little Studio).   The other papers were pulled from my color sorted stash of cardstocks.  It really helps to know what you have on hand or just dig through your stash.  

This was my submission for the Becky Fleck sketch challenge over at A Cherry On Top.  Here is the sketch:


 Thanks for looking and be sure to submit your take on the sketch over at A Cherry On Top!


No comments:

Post a Comment

April Sketches at Stick it Down

 April Double Page Sketch Here is my take on the double page sketch over at Stickitdown.blogspot.com for the month of April! I used Kaisercr...