Monday, November 9, 2020

Sketch Support

 Sketch Support by Allison Davis

I was inspired by Allison's sketch and the various ways she used it.  I decided to start with circle stitching.  I used a circle template to draw one circle in the middle and 3 other circles around it.  After I did that, I used the same template to poke holes for my stitching.  


I knew I would be scrapping some back to school pictures of my youngest son.  I wanted to use the Doodlebug school collection which mainly has primary colors.  I decided to go with Red, Blue, Yellow and Green.


After finishing the hand stitching, I added two mist splatters:  Heidi Swapp Shine in Butter and Dylusions in London Blue.  I used two Studio Calico star stamps.  The two inks I used for those were Catherine Pooler Rockin' Red and Vicki Boutin's cool color inks.


I used a punch to punch the starts in the matching color cardstocks.  I popped those with pop dots.  


Of course, I had to add journaling about how my son wasn't so thrilled about taking first day of school photos.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

April Sketches at Stick it Down

 April Double Page Sketch Here is my take on the double page sketch over at Stickitdown.blogspot.com for the month of April! I used Kaisercr...